Raw Cacao Truffles
These guilt-free treats are great as you can flavor them according to your preferences. Out of one batch you can have a few different flavors. The reason why I love raw food, especially raw desserts, is because it's simple, and not complicated at all. Within a few minutes you have a delicious, healthy, guilt-free treat, and not only that, but also a very nutritious treat that can actually replace your meal :)
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup sweetener (agave, honey. maple syrup, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch salt
Blend all the ingredients and put it in the freezer or fridge to cool down. Roll into individual balls and into your favorite toppings: cacao powder, crushed nuts, cacao nibs, cinnamon, or any topping of you r choice.
*Be aware that blender can heat up which can change the way ingredients blend. If this happens, stop and wait for it
to cool down.
- Cayenne pepper or cinnamon - recommended to mix with plain cacao to avoid the strong taste
- Citrus zest (orange, lemon, lime) - moisture can make the balls sticky, so recommendation is to dehydrate zest first or combine it with drier ingredient such as cacao powder, lucuma or coconut to soak the moist.
- Candied, chopped or plain nuts
- Sea or flavored salt
- Bee pollen
- Cacao nibs or cacao powder
- Maca, lucuma, mesquite powder
- Coconut flakes
- Maple syrup
- Goji berries